Cleaning. We all have to do it, and most of us, don’t enjoy it. If you’re a parent (especially of little ones), it can sometimes be nearly impossible to keep the house clean and straightened up. I’ve finally gotten to the point to where I can kind of accept the house being a total disaster so I can take a break here and there. Ideal? No. But, sometimes necessary.
When I do need to clean, I prefer it to be as painless as possible! In the past, I used a cleaning schedule. I know, it sounds horrible, but, it’s not! Check out some of my quick tips below and also find out what my new favorite cleaning product is- it’ll change the way you clean!
Kids are weird. Let’s face it. We all know it’s true. Parents know it the best- whether your kid is 2 or 22, they always have some weird quirks. I know that with a toddler, those quirks seem to stand out much more and they usually involve food. My kid will eat 85% of something on her plate, then, make a face and declare “I don’t like this!” Ummm….you just ate almost all of it. I’m pretty sure you liked it that whole time. It’s bizarre.
I’ve found that sometimes you need to mix up the routine as well so they have some fun while eating. The best part- it’s super easy to do! My favorite trick is cookie cutters.
Check out the ideas below thanks to Family Fun!
It’s hard to get creative sometimes! Even worse is falling into a slump when it comes to your daily breakfasts and lunches. That just leads to bad food choices or eating out! Check out the easy recipes below for a little twist in your everyday food routine!
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped veggies
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together all ingredients
- Pour into muffin cups, filling about ¾ full
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes
- Photo courtesy of RachelCooks.com
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5.3 oz container plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease baking molds with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, honey, Greek yogurt, eggs, and melted coconut oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture; stir to combine.
- Transfer batter to molds.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size; check using a toothpick.
- Photo courtesy of Cooking Light
No Bake Granola Bites
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (grind fresh to avoid spoilage)
- Melt coconut oil, honey, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When it bubbles and foams, turn heat to low.
- Add rolled oats, chopped nuts, ground flaxseed, and cook on low for 2 minutes, stirring to coat. Pour granola into the mold; press in firmly.
- Cool at room temperature for an hour; remove and add toppings if desired.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Tips for Toppings: Dip in melted dark chocolate or yogurt chips; sprinkle with coconut flakes and freeze-dried fruit pieces
With toddlers, it’s not always easy to get plenty of protein in their diet. My daughter is a pretty good eater, but, she has those days (just like we do!) when she doesn’t want anything super nutritious. I love finding recipes that are tasty and incorporate healthy proteins! The recipe below can be tweaked to fit your needs as well!
Peanut Power Bites
Kid-friendly protein bites!
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup nut butter (salted)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or currants, cranberries, etc.)
- 1/2 cup honey (or preferred sweetener)
- 4 scoops Kids Daily B-Centered Nutrient Booster Powder (or your protein powder of choice)
- Add all ingredients into bowl. Mix well. Mold into small 1 inch balls and refrigerate overnight in tightly sealed container before serving.
It has been a crazy few weeks! We’re still settling into the new house and taking on a few projects like our landscaping! Plus, we just had our first ER visit with our toddler who almost (literally) poked her eye out. It was terrifying! Ahh the life of a parent, right!?
We are SUPER excited about this new series as we partner with Roto-Rooter. Not only will we be featuring some amazing product (and hint, hint…possible giveaways!), we’ll be sharing a ton of tips to keep your plumbing in tip-top shape without a hefty bill. One of the most important things about homesteading is being able to fix and solve your own problems without having to hire people to do it.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Roto-Rooter, they were founded in 1935 and have expanded to “operating businesses in more than 100 company-owned branch and independent contractor territories and approximately 500 independent franchise operations, serving approximately 90% of the U.S. population and parts of Canada. Master independent franchise operations have been established in Japan, Philippines, Mexico, United Kingdom, Hong Kong/China and Indonesia/Singapore (RotoRooter.com)”. They not only offer plumbing and maintenance services, but, also a wide array of products you can buy in stores to take care of your own plumbing needs (both residential and commercial). Roto-Rooter’s products also meet environmental standards and use an active ingredient that isn’t harsh or toxic.
We’re thrilled to partner with Roto-Rooter this year, share more about the company, and provide our readers with some practical advice and information that will benefit all homeowners! All of the information provided will be based on our honest opinions- nothing staged.
A few things we will be featuring include:
- Plumbing Fixes You Can Do Yourself
- Clog 101
- Simple Steps to Protecting your Pipes (includes Septic Care)
Have you dealt with your own plumbing issues? Do you typically call a plumber to deal with even the most basic plumbing situations? Are you interested in becoming more comfortable with fixing your own plumbing issues or maintaining your plumbing? Tell us below! :)