Cleaning wipes are a staple in our household. We use them pretty much every day! However, I can never use the store-bought ones anymore because the chemicals just kill my skin. Plus, why would I want to be using those chemicals all over when I have a small kiddo in the house? DIY Cleaning Wipes (either reusable or disposable) are an amazing alternative!
As much as I love my reusable wipes most days, sometimes, I just need a quick fix without worrying about having to think about more laundry :)
These wipes are pretty simple to make and you can make several containers of them to place around the house (one for kitchen, one for bathroom, one for baby’s room, etc).
What is your favorite natural cleaning product? Tell us below or on Facebook!
DIY Disposable Cleaning Wipes
- 1/2 cup all purpose cleaner I used Mrs. Meyer’s
- 8-12 drops tea tree essential oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Choose-A-Size Paper towels 1 roll cut in half
- Storage jar with lid
- Measure 2 1/2 cups of water in a large measuring cup.
- Add 1/2 cup of your all purpose cleaner and give the solution a quick swirl to combine.
- Add 8-12 drops of tea tree essential oil and any other oils you like for fragrance.
- Grab your bread knife – or something with a serrated edge – and cut your paper towel roll in half. This task isn’t pretty, there will be lots of pushing and pulling and stabbing. Be very careful, but don’t be afraid to really handle it to get the job done. Dust off the cut side of the roll and try to get rid of as many jagged pieces and lint as you can before placing it in your container.
- Slowly pour your cleaning solution into the dish. Start from the inside near the cardboard roll and swirl the solution outward, covering as much surface are of the paper towels as possible so it has a chance to soak through all the layers.
- Pull the cardboard out from the center of the roll. If it doesn’t slide out easily, let it sit for a few more minutes before attempting a second time.
- Label your wipes so everyone knows what they should be used for.
- Place the lid on top and you’re good to go!
If the lid gets left off and the towels loose moisture just add a 1/2 cup water and you should be back on track. Adapted from Hello Natural