Toddlers. One thing they are OUTSTANDING at is making your windows and sliding glass doors look like you own ten St. Bernards. I am constantly wiping the slider down…like, every.stinkin.day. It’s a pointless task really, because I know that the streaks, smudges, half-chewed food particles, and finger prints will be back tomorrow, if not sooner.
However, now that we are in the final stages of our renovation, we will have to start showing our house in a few weeks. Nothing scares away a potential buyer more than smeared food (and who knows what else) on the windows and doors. Not a solid selling point, at all.
Most commercial window cleaners have harsh chemicals and I hate breathing them in because they stink! Other products (including some DIY ones) leave more streaks than when I started.
This window cleaner, from Hello Natural, has a “secret” ingredient that will probably surprise you- cornstarch!
Check out the recipe below and let me know how you like it! :)
DIY Natural Window Cleaner
- 2 Tablespoons rubbing alcohol
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1½ cups water
- Place everything into a spray bottle and shake well.
- Shake well before each application.
- Use newspaper or a terry cloth to wipe clean.
- Continue wiping until any white residue is gone and glass is sparkling clean.