Sometimes our house can get a little stale smelling, especially during the colder months when the house is all closed up, all the time! I love using candles, but, with my rambunctious toddler running around, using them safely isn’t always doable!
Room sprays are a great alternative when your house needs a little pick-me-up during the day! There are tons of air fresheners that you can buy, but, you can make a whole stash of your own instead (without funky chemicals and over-the-top prices).
Hello Natural has some simple and amazing room spray recipes with minimal ingredients that you can find almost anywhere!
Try these combinations for your own stash of room sprays:
Relax & Rest: Lavender and Vanilla
Energize & Revitalize: Orange and Grapefruit/Orange and Lemon/Grapefruit and Lemon
Focus & Center: Peppermint and Rosemary
Bathroom Refresher: Cinnamon, Clove, and Tea Tree
DIY Room Spray
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 6 tablespoons filtered water
- 10-40 drops of essential oils peppermint, jasmine, citrus, lavender, etc
- Place the alcohol into a small spray bottle.
- Add the desired drops of essential oils.
- Shake well and add the water.
- Shake again and spritz whenever you need a little pick-me-up.