We all like clean dishes, right!? As a parent, I use our dishwasher way more than I ever used to and I fly through a pack of those dishwasher tablets like it’s cool!
I was so excited when I received an email about a guest blog post request for something I use every week- dishwasher detergent tabs!
If you want an incredibly easy homemade dishwasher detergent tab, this is it. Minimal ingredients, minimal time, and easy? I’ll take it! Plus, they’re so easy, you really can’t mess them up. No Pinterest fails here :)
Try them out and let us know what you think!
How to Make Your Own Dishwasher Detergent Tabs
Stores offer all kinds of cleaning products, some of which, unfortunately, have very high prices. On top of that, most products contain different kinds of chemicals, which are extremely dangerous for the human health. This is why more and more people decide to prepare their own cleaning products using simple and cheap ingredients, which are easy to find. If you also decide to try this method, you will be able to save some money and learn something new that will definitely be useful. When you prepare your own cleaning supplies ,at least you will know what you put in them and won’t have to worry about your family’s health. Believe it or not, it is possible to even make dishwasher detergent tablets in your own home, and your dishes will be sparkling clean!
Making your own dishwasher detergent tablets is very easy. They will make cleaning your dishes a lot easier and will save you a lot of money in the future! You don’t need any special or very expensive ingredients. There are different recipes you could try, but, in this article we will present you with the ones that are the easiest and most effective. Washing your dishes will be easier than ever, if you decide to give these recipes a try!
- Lemon dishwasher detergent tablets – Most recipes include the same or similar ingredients, so you can try making different dishwasher detergent tablets every time. If you like lemons, then you will certainly like this recipe!
- You need:
- 2 cups of baking or washing soda
- ½ cup of Epsom salt
- 2 cups of Borax
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar
- lemon essential oil
- Put all ingredients together in some kind of vessel and mix them
- When you are done, transfer the mixture into two ice cube trays
- Press hard until each compartment is filled. Then, you have to let the tablets to dry, preferably in a sunny place, and not touch them until they are ready
- You can then put them in a jar or some other container with a lid.
- You need:
- Lavender dishwasher detergent tablets – The recipe for the lavender dishwasher tablets is very similar to the previous one. However, you can substitute the Epsom salt with Kosher salt and add 1 cup of baking soda to the washing soda. You can also add 1 cup of citric acid and use OxyBoost instead of white vinegar. Instead of a couple of drops of lemon essential oil, you can use lavender essential oil this time. You can add also 2-3 tablespoons of water to the mixture. When you are done, just put the mixture in the ice cube trays and leave them to dry. You can store your new dishwasher detergent tablets in a big jar.
- Borax-free dishwasher detergent tablets – Some people are worried when they see that their cleaning products contain Borax. Even though in small amounts the Borax is harmless, you can avoid any complications by simply excluding this ingredient from your recipes. The mixture of washing soda, baking soda, citric acid, white vinegar and liquid castile soap will be strong enough to remove everything from your dishes. Whether you add lemon, lavender, or another kind of essential oil to the mixture for your new tablets depends entirely on you.
As you can see, it is very easy to make your own dishwasher detergent tablets. The recipes don’t require a lot of time or any expensive ingredients, so there is no reason why you shouldn’t try them! You will see after the first washing that your dishes are perfectly clean and safe to use.
The article is written thanks to CleanStart Cleaning Balham