Fall has officially arrived! When I think of Fall, I think of changing leaves, chilly mornings and nights, burning firewood, apple picking, and…PUMPKIN.
Pumpkin seems to be everyone’s favorite Fall smell and taste! You can incorporate pumpkin in to so many things, and, REAL pumpkin is SO good for you! Of course, if you’re only using it in cookies, pies, cakes, sugary beverages, and the such, you’re losing most of the nutritional aspects. However, a tasty pumpkin sweet treat here and there is just perfect! :)
I was craving something sweet with pumpkin and didn’t want to have to pick up anything from the store! I found this awesome, and, incredibly easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Uh, YUM. Pumpkin AND chocolate? I’m there! I only had milk chocolate chips on hand (blame it on the husband who got the wrong kind at the store ;) ), but, they still turned out so good!
This recipe is perfect for a quick weekend treat and it makes a bunch- which is good, because, it’s hard to stop eating them…oops.
- 1 c. pumpkin purée
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c oil (I use canola)
- 1 egg
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin purée, sugar, oil and eggs.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder & soda, cinnamon, salt, stirring until well mixed.
- Stir in vanilla and milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto your cookie sheet or baking stone. You can place them fairly close together because they don’t spread. They just puff up.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- I doubled the batch and it was oh so worth it :)
What are your favorite pumpkin recipes? Do you have any other favorite Fall recipes? Tell me below! :)