A couple weeks ago, we tried a new recipe from Erin Chase’s $5 Dollar Dinners. Cajun Chicken Fettuccine….YUM. This was one of the very first times we used a recipe that called for a homemade spice blend. Uh… what? We never thought about making our own spice blends! Totally crazy because it was amazingly easy and delicious.
Since then, I’ve been searching around for more spice blends. It’s amazing what you can make yourself, and, you can avoid weird ingredients and chemicals that you can’t pronounce. You know, those ones that we definitely shouldn’t be putting in our food.
Check out these 8 Spice Blends and Seasonings you can make at home!
With another little one on the way, I’ve been trying to search for easy crockpot meals. I have been very un-creative lately and our dinners are suffering. I love finding recipes like the one below- easy, quick, and delicious! This has become my go-to for days I have no clue what to do for dinner. I serve it with pasta (rotini or penne, but, spaghetti would be great, too!).
Crockpot Onion Mushroom Chicken
One of the EASIEST crockpot recipes I have ever tried (and loved!). My entire family loves it and it's quick to throw together in the morning before work.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can (10.5 oz) Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 packet (2 oz) dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 milk
- Mix all ingredients in the crockpot (I mix the soup, soup mix, and milk together first then pour over the chicken breasts).
- Cook all day.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
- This recipe is super easy to double and it will give you more leftovers to freeze or lunch the next day!
Adapted from Food.com